Christmas is right around the corner, and there’s no better excuse to enjoy these festive themed drinks! Suitable for Christmas gatherings and quiet dinners, these 3 drinks are quick & easy to prepare, and will leave you feeling jolly like Santa Clause himself.
Hot Buttered Rum
“Hot drinks in Singapore’s weather? You must be crazy!”
We all know that Singapore probably isn’t going to experience a cold winter anytime soon, but don’t let that stop you from warming yourself up with this hot delight!
2 parts rum
1 1/2 teaspoons of brown sugar
Small knob of butter
1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
Freshly grated nutmeg
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a pan over low heat
- Turn off the heat and add the rum and stir well
- Sieve the contents into a mug or glass, and add up to 1 part of hot water (depending on how strong you want the drink to be)
- Garnish with cinnamon powder and nutmeg
Need a quick fix? These pomegranate shots are perfect for house parties, bar dives, or even a festive night in. The sweet pomegranate seeds complement the smooth gin perfectly, and will leave you beaming from eye to eye!
Pomegranate (1 pomegranate for every 4 shots)
1 bottle gin
- Cut the pomegranate into 4 equal slices
- Extract the seeds from each slice and add to shot glass
- Fill the shot glass with gin
- Don’t swallow the shot until you’ve bitten the seeds
Whether you’re having one last drink on Christmas eve or waking up on Christmas morning, a Grand Coffee is the perfect way to usher in one of our most favorite holidays of the year!
1 part coffee liqueur
2 parts coffee (black or sweetened, up to you!)
1 teaspoon of brown sugar syrup
Whipped cream (garnish)
- Pour the ingredients into a highball glass and stir
- Top off with whipped cream