The Cobbler Cocktail Shaker
The cobbler cocktail shaker is easy to recognize as it usually consists of three parts: The shaker, a strainer and a lid. The advantage of the shaker is, that when it's put probably together, it's very easy to control, shake and strain with, due to its build-in strainer. You don't have to fear getting ice chucks anywhere when pouring. The disadvantage of this shake is that it can be rather difficult to separate when it's cold. As the pieces typically consist of metal, they react to cold the same way, by shutting close due to low pressure vacuum. However, with some practice you manage to use this great shaker and you won't have to think of buying a strainer.
- Available for purchase everywhere
- Comes in many different shapes and designs
- Easy to use
- Looks great.
- Difficult to separate
- Difficult to reuse as cleaning requires a bit more effort
- Straining is slow as holes are small in comparison to a regular strainer
- shaking of herbs and fruit can get messy, especially at cleanup.